Saturday, December 2, 2006

Chapter 1



The first post is always the hardest. So much riding on it. I can't be too cute, yet I don't want to start off on a boring note. Since this is our new book blog I am going to just dive right in and talk about what I am reading now; actually, what I am about to start reading. Last night I was informed by my mother-in law that if I am going to fulfill my fatherly duties I need to be well versed in Charlotte's Web, and she gave me a copy to take home so I could start immediately. I figure any book that starts with, "Where's Papa going with that ax?" has to be good. So tonight I will sit down with a cup of tea and a classic in children's literature, but if the pig dies in the end...Well, lets just say I won't be reading any more children's books to Poppy. We will stick to t.v for all of her story time as every American child should.

I hope soon I will see posts from my friends spread out across the country. I am excited to hear about what is putting you to sleep at night or keeping you up turning pages until your eyes just can't focus any more. Maybe you too will be turned on to a new title, or be reminded of something you have meant to read for years but kept putting off.

max

"So please, oh PLEASE, we beg, we pray, Go throw your TV set away, And in its place you can install, A lovely bookshelf on the wall."

— Roald Dahl, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

No comments: